- Educational Technology Department: The Department of Educational Technology is responsible for supporting the educational use of technology in Palm Beach County Schools. Visit our site to learn about supported applications, to request training, and to find information about the effective use of technology in your classroom.
- Graphite.org: Graphite™ is a free service from nonprofit Common Sense Media designed to help preK-12 educators discover, use, and share the best apps, games, websites, and digital curricula for their students by providing unbiased, rigorous ratings and practical insights from our active community of teachers.
- Teaching Channel: Teaching Channel is a video showcase of inspiring and effective teaching practices in America's schools. We have a rapidly growing community of registered members who trade ideas and share inspiration from each other. Always free to join.
- Edutopia from the George Lucas Foundation provides numerous articles and tutorials for teachers, with a special emphasis on project-based learning.
- National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for Students: These national standards can help you define your expectations for your students' use of technology in the classroom.
- LearnZillion: Hundreds of videos aligned to the Florida and Common Core standards. Login with your School District e-mail address to get started.
- Schmoop: Well-written, engaging material that uses humor and teen-friendly lingo to clearly convey concepts.
- 24/7 Science: Dozens of science games and activities will keep kids coming back.
- Get the Math is about algebra in the real world. See how professionals use math in music, fashion, videogames, restaurants, basketball, and special effects.
Free Multimedia Resources
Return to Top of Page
Many television networks and newspapers in the U.S. has lesson plans available for teachers, and many newspapers as well. What's the catch? None really. But they assume you'll want get your kids watching their programs or reading their publication in the classroom and that will lead them to read or watch at home. Below are the best of the best:
Free Worksheets, Puzzles, and More
- A to Z Teacher Stuff: A good collection of freebies of all types, including lesson plans. There is some commercial content and advertising, but the site is easy to navigate and search.
- Teacher's World: Great resource for current events and up-to-date lesson plans and ideas.
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE): More than 30 Federal agencies formed a working group in 1997 to make hundreds of Federally supported teaching and learning resources easier to find. The result of that work is the FREE web site.
- First School: Features free fun preschool lesson plans, educational early childhood activities, printable crafts, printable activities, calendar of events and other resources for children of preschool age.
- Activity Place: Geared to teachers of the early childhood years.
- ESL Teacher Handouts, Grammar Worksheets & Printable: A selection of free English grammar worksheets and printable handouts, for English language and English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers and instructors to use in the classroom or other teaching environment.
- Discovery School Puzzle Maker: Puzzlemaker is a puzzle generation tool for teachers, students and parents. Create and print customized word search, crossword and math puzzles using your word lists.
Return to Top of Page