WHAT IS ESOL?
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) is an educational program to help adult students learn English.
We offer ESOL classes all year. Adult ESOL programs are offered in our community schools, the Adult Education Center, and several satellite sites.
The different skills that are covered in ESOL classes are listening, speaking, reading and writing.
IMPROVING YOUR ENGLISH HELPS YOU:
- • Get promoted
- • Find a job
- • Make new friends
- • Find a better job
- • Get a GED
- • Help your child with homework
- • Communicate with your doctor
- • Obtain additional training
- • Enter a new career
- • Start your own business
- • Earn a degree
- • Handle emergencies
- • Understand phone conversations