Reading Counts Support
Educational Technology Contact
Reading Counts! is an incentive based reading program in which students can read a book of interest, whether fiction or non-fiction, and then take a short quiz to test comprehension. If the student passes the quiz the student earns points, which at some schools can then be cashed in for a prize or award. Some teachers also use Reading Counts quizzes as an assignment grade in their classes. For the teacher, there is no need to write quizzes or to be an expert on all the books in the school's media center!
Links to add to your Edline or School Website
Scholastic's Book Expert Online
Using keywords and search filters, parents, students and teachers can quickly find books of interest that are part of Reading Counts. Users can filter by topic, author, title, interest level, GRL, Lexile, reading levels and more. To add the Book Expert Online to your web page, simply copy and paste the link below into Edline.
The Quiz Lists provide a simple list of books that are on Reading Counts. This list will include the book title, author, Lexile, reading level, word count and interest level.
Please create a shortcut on your Edline site to one of the URLs listed below:
Scholastic Support Pages of Interest
- The Book Expert Online - Using keywords and search filters, parents, students and teachers can quickly find books of interest that are part of Reading Counts.
- The Leveling Resource Guide - This page will help you determine the GRL of a book - especially helpful when making your own quiz.
- The Teacher Book Wizard - Find and level books for students. Over 50,000 titles. Search by author, title, genre, level, interest, book lists and more.
- To request the creation of quiz or to report an error in a quiz visit Scholastic's Suggest a Quiz page.
MetaMetrics (the creators of Lexiles) Support Pages of Interest
- Find a Book by Lexile - Enter your Lexile score or Lexile range, and interests and you'll get a list of books that you may find interesting. Teachers can create printable "book bags" of reading lists for their students. The database can also be searched by Author, Title and ISBN.