VPK Partnership School-year Program
Children who turned 4 years old by September 1, 2013, (born 9/2/2008 to 9/1/2009) are eligible to attend either a 2013-2014 school-year VPK program or the 2014 summer VPK program, but not both. Registration for the 2013-2014 school-year VPK program remains open as vacancies become available.
School-year VPK classes are funded by the State of Florida and are typically offered 3 hours daily from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. During the school year, the District also offers a number of VPK partnership classes. The VPK program collaborates with Exceptional Student Education (ESE), Migrant Education, Head Start and grantors to partially fund and supports more than 40 blended classrooms.
Eligibility for enrollment varies by program type and registration is held at the school sites.
Registrations will continue to be taken as vacancies become available.
Step 1:Obtain a VPK Certificate of Eligibility
- Documentation needed: birth certificate and proof of residency
- There are multiple ways you can obtain your child's VPK Certificate of eligibility from Family Central. For details, click
- How to Obtain a VPK Certificate- English
Step 2:Go to a School Site and bring the following documents:
- VPK Certificate of Eligibility
- Child's birth certificate
- Two proofs of residency
- Health Form (DH 3040 form)
- Certification of Immunization (DH blue form)
VPK hours are free to parents. If enrichment or afterschool care hours are offered, the host schools will set the cost based on the number of hours provided. Programs vary by site. Registration is typically taken on a first come/first served basis.