Welcome to Risk & Benefits Management
It is our hope that you will visit this site often in order to stay current with all that we have to offer as it relates to your safety, health and overall well-being. This site is your resource to the most up to date information on Risk & Benefit programs and procedures. We want to help you stay safe, stay informed, stay in touch, and most importantly stay well.
Overview of Risk & Benefits Management
Our department is responsible for overseeing three key areas which include:
This site, has been divided into those areas of specialty.
Benefits provides information and services related to core pre-tax benefit programs such as insurance plans and services which include, medical, dental, vision, employee basic life, disability, and flexible spending accounts. Additionally, you will find information on voluntary after-tax benefit programs such as supplemental employee, spouse and dependent life, short and long term disability plans. Saving for the future is available through Tax Sheltered Investment (TSA/403(b)/Special Retirement 401(a) plans.
Risk Management administers various parts of the safety, insurance and risk management programs for the School District of Palm Beach County. Our section contains information including: Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs), fire and tornado drills, playgrounds, workers' compensation, high school interscholastic athletic insurance claim procedures, vandalism claims process, insurance certificates, litigation management, etc.
Please follow the links below for assistance in the following areas:
|Critical incident planning||Dave Nissensohn||(561)982-0906 (PX 50906)|
|Security:||School Police||(561)434-8700 (PX 48700)|
|Fire inspections||Building Dept|
|Weather incident planning||Risk Management|
|Evacuation Routes||Risk Management|
|Student health issues:||Dr. Cathy Burns||(561)494-1588 (PX 81588)|
Wellness seeks to establish a workplace that encourages and supports a healthy lifestyle by integrating health promotion activities and resources that help to enhance health & well-being. Our goal is to keep people healthy, reduce the risk factors among at-risk members and improve the health of those who already have chronic conditions by encouraging them to make lifestyle changes. To do this we give employees easy access to the resources needed to make well-informed decisions about their health and health care.
This is where you visit us to learn and stay up to date about upcoming events and special headlines.
- Download a Health Provider Screening form for Health Rewards program. Click here
- For heart-healthy recipes, articles and screening and online tools, visit www.myuhc.com.
- For more help, call 1-888-229-9322 to speak with a registered nurse at Nurseline.
- Employee Assistance Program - 24-hour care line. FREE, confidential, professional EAP counseling, 1-800-327-9757 or 561-433-9588.
- HealthAdvocate - Overwhelmed with health claims issues, have questions about health care treatment options? Call Health Advocates at1-855-424-8400 and let them help you.
Other Benefit Links
- Enrollment Information
- Benefits While on Leave
- Dependent Audit Verification
- Benefits Reference Guide
- TSA (403(b)
- Section 125 Plan
- Retiree Benefits
- New Notices
Risk and Safety Links
- Special Event Guide for Insurance Loss Prevention REVISED 2014
- Insurance Certificates UPDATED
- Vandalism Claims UPDATED
- Vendors' Liability Insurance
- Interscholastic and voluntary Student Accident Insurance Program
- Student Accident Reporting
- Workers' Compensation Guidelines
The mission and goals of the Risk and Benefit Management Department are to provide a comprehensive benefits, safety and risk management program that is fiscally responsible and furthers the District's goals of achievement for all.