Over one hundred uniformed Police officers are assigned to schools throughout Palm Beach County. These Officers are responsible for campus patrol, initial case investigations, subsequent follow-up, and, when necessary, making arrests. Additionally, the Officers provide classroom presentations, counsel students and parents, engage students through mentoring, and serve as positive role models to help promote healthy relationships between youth and law enforcement.
If you are interested in working with us, please CLICK HERE. You will be redirected to the Employment Opportunities page.
Please Note: All applications must be submitted through the School District's online program.
Join Our Team
School Police is NOW HIRING 24 New Police Officers
School Police Officer starting salary: $43,301 plus law enforcement incentive pay
Full time School District benefits include:
- 202 Work Days with 96 Personal/Sick Leave Hours
- Five (5) weeks off during the summer
- Two (2) weeks off during December/January
- One (1) week off for Spring Break
- 14 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid training per year
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Employer contributions to the Florida State High Risk Retirement
- Employee vested in Florida Retirement System in 6 years
- A five (5) year D.R.O.P. plan
- Career Ladder Program (after 4 years of service with School Police)
- Outstanding Health, Medical, and Life insurance
- Rapidly growing School District offers opportunities for advancement
- Age: 21 minimum
- Education: FDLE CJSTC Certification Required*
- Experience: Minimum 2 years successful LEO experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, parents, school personnel, and community agencies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications appropriate to the position's job responsibilities
* An otherwise qualified person lacking only Florida certification can be hired interim at a lower rate until passing certification standards. Out-of-State applicants must receive certification within 12 months of employment.
The School District of Palm Beach County is an Equal Education Opportunity Provider and Employer. The School District of Palm Beach County prohibits discrimination against students, employees, and applicants on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, marital status, age, parental status and disability in any of its educational activities and services and employment practices.
Instructions to Apply:
If you ARE a current employee of the Palm Beach County School District:
Choose "Enter as Employee". You will have to sign in to PeopleSoft and choose "Apply for Jobs".
If you are NOT a current employee of the Palm Beach County School District:
Choose "Enter as an External Applicant".
When you arrive at the "Careers Home" page, click on "Advanced Search" under "Basic Job Search".
Under "Select Locations", scroll to "School Police".
Select "School Police" and click "Search".
If there are any employment opportunities available at this time, they will be listed under "Search Results".
Click on the Posting Title to open the Job Description. If there is more than one job listing for a position, you do not have to submit an application for each opportunity. Simply click on the first job listed and continue following the directions below.
For more information, click "Full Job Description".
To apply for a position, click "Apply Now".
Complete all required fields and be sure to upload your resume. If selected, someone will contact you at their earliest convenience.
For further instructions, please return to the Employment Opportunities page and select one of the items under "Helpful Information".
For general questions regarding the application process or if you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance during the application process, please call Recruitment & Retention at 561-434-8372, 561-434-8430 or 561-357-7691.