FINGERPRINTING AND BADGE RENEWAL INFORMATION
On May 2, 2005 the Jessica Lunsford Act was signed into legislation. This Act provided several safeguards to protect Florida's children from sexual predators. In addition to toughening the regulation of registered offenders, this Act expanded the background check requirements for school districts to include all contracted workers and consultants. This law enables the school district to better protect the children in its care. In addition, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement agreed to implement a database to track arrests of school district employees and contractors and notify the school districts when an employee is arrested. This new tracking system will help ensure that the children in our schools remain safe.
The Palm Beach County School District is committed to keeping our students and staff members safe. All employees, student teaching interns, vendors, consultants and contractors will need to submit fingerprints and undergo a background check. In order to quickly navigate the line, bring the correct paperwork with you and complete it prior to getting in line.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. All online payments must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival.
2. Paying your fingerprinting fee does NOT guarantee clearance for employment.
3. If you are uncertain regarding your fingerprinting status, please contact the Fingerprinting Office (561-434-8300) PRIOR to making a payment.
4. NO REFUNDS of fingerprinting fees once fingerprints have been taken and submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
5. If you pay online, you are required to bring a copy of your payment receipt with you to the Fingerprinting Office, located at the Fulton Holland Educational Services Center in room B-101.
Click HERE for the hours and location of the Fingerprinting Office.
Click on the appropriate link below for information on pricing and what you need to bring with you.
For regular employees with questions about the Payroll Deduction expenses, Click Here.
If you have questions regarding fingerprinting or badge renewals, CLICK HERE to email us.