Mission Statement: To promote mass communication, journalism and all forms of social media by expanding the horizons of artistic language, literature and collectivistic art forms.
Membership: * Must be of sophomore, junior or senior classification.
* Must have the equivalent of a B grade average, or be in the upper third of their class in general scholastic standing, either for the year of their election or for the cumulative total of all high school work.
* Must have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media work. They may be staffers of a magazine, newspaper, yearbook, news organization, online site or radio/television station at the school, or one conducted by an external organization.
* Must be approved by the Quill and Scroll Executive president and officer committee.
* No accounts of plagiarisms can exist throughout the entire high school experience.
* Three hours of community service must be submitted per semester (six per year, three of which has to be communications related)
* Full application must be submitted and reviewed.
Elections: *A separate form must be filled out and reviewed for applicants.
* Applicant must be involved with organization junior and senior year.
* Only seniors are eligible to run.
* Applicant must also be nominated in order to run.
Meetings: * A meeting will be conducted once a month.
* It is the responsibility of the member to sign in at each meeting/event.
* Meeting will be led by president. If president is absent, the Vice President takes over for the meeting.
* Officers can only miss ONE meeting per semester. All other members can miss two meetings per semester. A valid explanation must be present. Such excuses include illnesses or an absence from school. If member misses more than expected, the officers decide if the member is still involved.
*Meetings are approximately 15-30 minutes.
Community Service: *All members are expected to display integrity in school and out of school.
* Participation in any hour of community service (outside of or inside of school) is acceptable.
* A hardcopy must be handed into the officers prior to obtaining a chord.
* Failure to provide 8 hours per year causes exclusion from the society.
Hayden Swergold, Chapter President
Cynthia Glazier, Chapter Advisor