Join our Polo Park SAC (SY22-23 date TBA)
Join the Polo Park School Advisory Council (SAC), and help keep Polo Park one of the BEST SCHOOLS in Florida!
If you are a Polo Park parent, business leader, or other community member, come to our first SAC meeting of the school year. Election of members and SAC officers will occur at this meeting; our Principal, Mr. Aronson, will review highlights of the upcoming school year, and we will review our new School Improvement Plan with all of our SAC members. Please understand that SAC members must commit to attend at least 8 meetings during the school year.
What do SAC members do?
School Advisory Council (SAC) members participate in the development of educational priorities and the identification and use of resources at Polo Park.
SAC members help to
- develop and oversee the implementation of the School Improvement Plan;
- enlist, promote, and support greater interaction between school and community;
- determine the disbursement of school improvement funds, and provide input in matters concerning other monies related to school improvement;
- provide input concerning flexible line items of the annual school budget as requested by the principal; and
- keep the school, staff, and community informed of SAC activities and decisions.
When is the next SAC meeting?
SAC meetings are held once each month, and are open to the public. This year's first meeting will be held on Monday, August 23, at 6:00 pm.
Dates for the remainder of this years’ meetings are
- August 23, 2021
- September 12, 2021
- October 11, 2021
- November 8, 2021
- December 13, 2021
- February 7, 2022
- March 7, 2022
- April 11, 2022
- May 9, 2022
So, how do I sign up?
The date for our organizational meeting for the 2022-23 school year will be announced in June of 2022.
To nominate yourself to become a member of the Polo Park SAC, simply come to our first meeting. Procedures for joining our SAC will be explained at this meeting.
Please understand that SAC members must commit to attend at least 8 meetings during the school year.
If you have questions about SAC, send an email to Mr. Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org