Applying to the Florida Public Universities: A Cheat Sheet
Submitting Your Application
All 4-year Public Universities in Florida accept The Common Application.
We recommend using the Common Application for all universities that allow it.
Submitting Your Grades
These FL Public Universities require/accept the SSAR:
- Florida State University
- University of Florida
- Florida Atlantic University
- FAU Honors College
- University of North Florida
- University of West Florida
- New College of Florida: Transcript via Common App or SSAR
- Florida Polytechnic University: Transcript by photo/email or SSAR
- Florida A&M University
- University of South Florida
UCF requires their own form called the SPARK.
A Park Vista Transcript:
These Florida Public Universities require your official high school transcript. For FIU and FGCU, you will be required to send it to them via Parchment.
The Park Vista School Counseling office strongly encourages and recommends students apply early - before November 1st - to 4-year colleges and universities. Please understand that some colleges and universities, such as FSU, may have earlier or priority deadlines for early action, early decision, or scholarships.