NOT SURE WHICH TRADE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
EXPLORE VARIOUS TRADES THROUGH OUR PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM WHILE ALSO ADVANCING YOUR ACADEMIC SKILLS!
Vocational training includes Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry, Electrical and Welding. It is delivered by Florida Training Services, an FDOE approved provider.
• Vocational classes are held twice a week
Academic instruction is delivered by the School District of Palm Beach County. Classes are available onsite and also through a virtual study program.
• Academic classes are offered twice a week for students pursuing their GED® or needing academic refresher classes
Address: 7071 Garden Road, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
Address: 2625 NW 16th Street, Belle Glade, FL 33430
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS FOR PLACEMENT IN PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS (School Year 2016-17):
• Must be withdrawn from K-12 day school
• Must be at least 16 years old
• Must complete the student registration form (PBSD 1700) and learner rights and responsibilities (PBSD 2523)
• Must take the TABE admissions test within 2 weeks of registering unless one of the TABE exemptions* is met
• Must score a 3.0 or above on the Reading, Math, Language sections of the TABE
• Must provide verification of High School Diploma or GED® , if applicable, within 2 weeks of registration
• Must agree to and sign student contract that addresses program expectations and student commitments
• All students scoring less than a 9.0 on the Math, Reading, and/or Language Arts TABE assessment will be placed in the appropriate academic class.
• Students without HSD/GED® will be placed in the appropriate ABE classes
• Students with HSD/GED® will be placed in the appropriate Academic Refresher Class (ARC)
• All students scoring higher than a 9.0 on the Math, Reading, and/or Language Arts TABE assessment without HSD / GED® will be placed in the appropriate GED classes in preparation for obtaining their GED®
Academic growth will be monitored by administration of the TABE post-test after:
• 50-60 hours of classroom instruction is completed by the student. Less than 50 hours of instruction must be approved by site administrator or designee
• A minimum of 40 hours and the online instructor/s approval if enrolled in Adult Virtual Academy
• Students that hold a high school diploma or GED® and score above 9.0 on the Math, Reading, and/or Language Arts TABE assessment will not be required to attend academic classes.
• Academic classes may be taken on-site, at another Adult Education site, or online
**TABE Exemptions: Students are exempt from taking TABE if they provide the appropriate documentation showing that they (1) graduated from a Florida public high school after 2006 and earned a standard high school diploma or GED after 2006; or (2) are serving as an active duty member of any branch of the U.S. Armed Services; or (3) have an associate degree or higher (4) provide successful completion of college-level English and math courses (grade C or higher) from an accredited college or university (5) have passed a state, national, or industry certification or licensure examination
The School District of Palm Beach County, Florida, prohibits discrimination in admission to or access to, or employment in its programs and activities, on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic prohibited by law. The School Board also provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.