The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) grant is authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001. The focus of this program is to provide expanded academic enrichment opportunities for children attending Title 1 eligible schools. Afterschool and Summer Programming is of no cost to eligible students and their families.
As stated in the federal statute, the specific purposes of the law are to:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, providing services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet State and local student academic achievement standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and mathematics
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities to reinforce and complement the regular academic program such as: art, music, youth development activities, character education, recreation, technology education, and drug and violence prevention programs
- Offer families of students opportunities for literacy and related educational development
21st CCLC Afterschool and Summer Programming is designed to complement and enrich school day learning including:
- Reading and Literacy
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- Physical Education
- Health and Wellness
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Family Services
- Service Learning
For additional information please contact our Support Team!
New! Summer Programming dates: June 11-July 27, 2018
Time: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Visit the 21st CCLC website at http://www.fldoe.org/curriculum/21century/.
The School District of Palm Beach County's 21st CCLC Grant Program is a five year plan targeting 30 of the neediest and most diverse Title 1 elementary school largely populated with economically disadvantaged and minority students.
The focus will be to address the following District goals:
- Student-First Philosophy
- Family Matters
Lantana, Palmetto, and West Gate
Liberty Park, Lincoln, and Orchard View
Grove Park and Washington
Palm Springs, South Grade, and Starlight Cove
C.O. Taylor/Kirklane, Forest Park, Hope-Centennial, Seminole Trails, and Westward
Cholee Lakes, Diamond View, Jupiter, North Grade, and Plumosa School of the Arts
Egret Lake, Hammock Pointe, Loxahatchee Groves, and The Conservatory School at North Palm Beach