Career and Technical Education Certificates
About Career and Technical (Vocational) Certificates
The School District of Palm Beach County defines non-degreed teachers of Career and Technical Education programs as those staff members whose qualifications are established on the basis of occupational expertise in the areas of agriculture, business, health occupations, family and consumer science, and industrial, marketing and public service education.
A person holding a Career and Technical Education Certificate must be assigned to teach only Career and Technical Education courses as indicated in the Florida Course Code Directory.
Career and Technical Education courses may be taught by qualified non-degreed personnel with expertise based upon verified satisfactory occupational experience.
Submit the following documents to the School District of Palm Beach County Certification Office:
- Completed application form (The form is available in the Certification Office)
- Money order for $75 made out to the School District of Palm Beach County
(Personnel checks or cash are not accepted)
- Official transcripts for college credit or degrees completed (a degree is not required)
- Copies of licenses or applicable certificates for performing the trade
- Employment Verification of Occupational Experience for Vocational Employees