Controlled Open Enrollment
The lottery results for Controlled Open Enrollment are now available. Log in to your parent portal at www.mypbchoiceapp.com to view your child's application status. Parents who submitted a hard copy application will be notified via U.S. Mail.
Beginning the 2017-2018 school year, the School District of Palm Beach County will offer parents and legal guardians the opportunity for their child to apply for and attend a school outside their regular attendance zone through the Controlled Open Enrollment process. Pursuant to F.S. 1002.31, the SDPBC will allow a parent from any school district in the state of Florida whose child is not subject to a current expulsion or suspension, apply for an assignment to an available school for the following school year.
Controlled Open Enrollment—General Information
- All students entering grades K–12 are eligible to apply
- Non–Palm Beach County residents are eligible to apply
- Transportation will not be provided
- The list of schools will be available April 3, 2017
- Schools not on this list will not be considered
- Applications will be accepted from April 3, 2017 through May 5, 2017
- The results of controlled open enrollment assignments will be available May 31, 2017.
- Apply online at www.mypbchoiceapp.com
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Assignment through Controlled Open Enrollment will not remove a student from a Choice program wait pool
Controlled Open Enrollment Schools SY 18
Controlled Open Enrollment Schools SY18
Controlled Open Enrollment Application (English)
Controlled Open Enrollment Application (Spanish)
Controlled Open Enrollment Application (Creole)
Controlled Open Enrollment Application (Portuguese)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
School Board Policy
Policy 5.018—Controlled Open Enrollment (English)
Regulamento 5.018—Controle de Matrículas em Aberto (Portuguese)