Magnet Advisory Council
Fulton Holland Educational Services
February 13th, 6:00-8:00 PM
3300 Forest Hill Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Magnet Schools Assistance Program (MSAP) Grant
The U.S. Department of Education awarded the Magnet Schools Assistance Program (MSAP) grant to the School District of Palm Beach County. The three–year award will be $11,645,103. Palm Beach County was one of only nine school districts in the nation to receive this grant award.
The grant funds will be used to transform five schools into school–wide magnet programs. Each magnet theme offers a high caliber, innovative program of choice designed to improve the quality of teaching and learning. The grant will fund 1:1 iPad initiative for all teachers and students in each of the five magnet schools and will be used to strategically recruit and create diverse student populations in the magnet schools of choice.
The MSAP goals and objectives:
- To strategically recruit and promote a diverse student population in each magnet school
- To promote systemic reform efforts aligned with state standards
- To develop and design innovative educational methods and practices that will promote diversity
- To implement a professional development plan to enhance and sustain high performance
- To provide equitable access to high quality educational programs that will enable students to succeed academically
To learn more about our MSAP grant schools and the extended MSAP grant school application window, contact Justin Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org.