Opportunity Scholarship Program
The Florida Department of Education’s Differentiated Accountability (DA) Plan is a school improvement system that ensures all students receive the support necessary to reach high academic standards. The plan includes several accountability measures which result in a school grade.
Deadline to Apply
Monday, August 6, 2018 (Late applications WILL NOT be considered)
Glade View Elementary School
Glade View Elementary School has been identified as an Opportunity Scholarship School FY19 as the number of points the school received based on the FY18 FSA results caused the school to fall into at least one low-performing category defined in the DA Plan. Parents/guardians of students registered to attend Glade View Elementary School for the 2018-19 school year will receive notification from the School District, informing them of their options for the upcoming school year. If you are not yet registered for Glade View but are zoned to attend FY19, please register at the school and submit your application by the August 6th deadline.
School Choice Options
Parents/guardians of students zoned to attend Glade View Elementary School have the following options for the upcoming school year:
- Remain enrolled at Glade View Elementary School OR
- Transfer to a selected “C” or better graded public school within the District; OR
- Transfer to a “C” or better graded public school in a school district other than the School District of Palm Beach County
If you choose to transfer your child to a higher performing public school in Palm Beach County, an application must be submitted to the Department of Choice and Career Options by Monday, August 6, 2018. Transportation will be provided if the student resides more than two miles from the school.
Eligible Receiving Schools:
- K. E. Cunningham/Canal Point Elementary School or
- Pahokee Elementary School
Three Application Delivery Options are Available:
- Deliver to: School District of Palm Beach County, 3300 Forest Hill Blvd., Suite C-124, West Palm Beach 33406
- Fax application to (561) 434-8843
- Scan and email application to email@example.com. On subject line, write— “OSP Application”
Letters and Applications
Opportunity Scholarship Notification and Transfer Letter (English, Creole and Spanish)
For questions regarding the Opportunity Scholarship Program, please contact the Department of Choice & Career Options at 561-434-8755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to request a transfer is Monday, August 6, 2018