The window to apply for reassignment for the 2018–2019 school year is May 14–June 15, 2018.
Submitting an Application
Apply online at www.mypbchoiceapp.com.
Hard copy applications will be accepted if the parent/guardian has no access to an e–mail address. See below for more information regarding the submission of a hard copy reassignment application.
Schools Available for Reassignment
The list of Schools Available for Reassignment for SY 2018-19 will be available May 14, 2018. (Applicants requesting a transfer to a school that is not on the approved reassignment list will not be considered.)
Effective Approval Dates
Unless otherwise specified, approved reassignments for the second semester of the 2018–19 school year will be effective starting August 13, 2018* (*subject to change). Applying for a reassignment does not guarantee approval; all requests will be reviewed according to School Board policy 5.015. Information regarding the criteria for a reassignment and its approval can be found in School Board Policy 5.015.
Transportation will not be provided for students on reassignment.
A letter with specific reason(s) why reassignment is being requested must be included with the application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Hard copy applications must be submitted to the Department of Choice and Career Options, via U.S. Mail or fax. The mailing address is 3300 Forest Hill Boulevard, C–124, West Palm Beach, FL 33406 or fax to (561) 434–8843.
- Reassignment Application (English)
- Reassignment Application (Creole)
- Reassignment Application (Portuguese)
- Reassignment Application (Spanish)
- Parent Employment Verification and Reassignment Supervision Hardship (English)
- Parent Employment Verification and Reassignment Supervision Hardship (Creole)
- Parent Employment Verification and Reassignment Supervision Hardship (Portuguese)
- Parent Employment Verification and Reassignment Supervision Hardship (Spanish)
- Student Reassignment Health Confirmation
For additional information about reassignment, please contact the Department of Choice and Career Options at (561) 434-8755 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org