The School District of Palm Beach County is the tenth largest in the nation and the fifth largest in the State of Florida serving more than 193,000 students who speak 145 languages and dialects. As the largest employer in Palm Beach County, the school district has 22,340 employees, including more than 12,900 teachers.
The School District of Palm Beach County envisions a dynamic collaborative multicultural community where education and lifelong learning are valued and supported, and all learners reach their highest potential and succeed in the global economy.
The School District of Palm Beach County is committed to providing a world-class education with excellence and equity to empower each student to reach his or her highest potential with the most effective staff to foster the knowledge, skills, and ethics required for responsible citizenship and productive careers.
What’s Great About Palm Beach County Schools...
- Top-performing urban school district in Florida
- 10th largest District in the nation
- 193,000 students
- 2.9 billion budget
- 12,900 Classroom Teachers
- $41,000 Starting Teacher Salary
- 22,340 total employees
- 90% Graduation rate in District operated schools
- 197 different countries and territories of birth
- 145 Languages spoken
- District Schools offer instruction in several languages such as: Chinese, French, Italian, Latin, Spanish, & American Sign Language
- No 'F' rated schools
- 312 award winning programs in the areas of career academies
- 915 buses
- 61% A & B rated schools
- 31,707,988 meals served 2016-2017
- Transport 60,000 Students Daily covering approximately 13 million miles per year
- Programs are offered through our Palm Beach Virtual School and at 28 Adult and Community Education sites, including our Adult Education Center and 8 satellite locations