Florida’s Best and Brightest Scholarship Program
The State of Florida appropriated funding for the “Florida’s Best and Brightest Teacher Scholarship Program”. The intent of this State Program is to attract and retain individuals with high aptitudes in the teaching profession. If you meet the criteria of one of the categories below as a Florida classroom teacher, you are eligible for the scholarship award.
|Effective Classroom teacher||Up to $800|
|Highly Effective Classroom Teacher||$1,200|
|New Hire Classroom Teacher with 80% or greater score from SAT or ACT||$6,000|
|Highly Effective Classroom Teacher with 80% or greater score from SAT or ACT||$6,000 + $1,200|
The Florida Department of Education has clarified eligibility criteria such that teachers who may apply for the award
are defined under F.S. 1012(2)(a): Classroom teachers.
The gross amount paid to employees is subject to Federal Income taxes.
New to Teaching or New to PBCSD
If you are new to the Palm Beach County School District, the following applies:
- With scores and a prior year Highly Effective evaluation from a Florida District -
Apply through PeopleSoft Self Service and upload the scores and the evaluation.
- With scores but without a prior year evaluation -
Apply through PeopleSoft Self Service and upload the scores.
- Without scores but with a prior year evaluation from a Florida District -
Email the evaluation to BestandBrightest@palmbeachschools.org.
For PBCSD Teachers who have been and are currently teaching in the District, the following applies:
- With scores - Apply through PeopleSoft Self Service and upload the scores.
- Without scores - No action is needed (your evaluation is on file).
- With previously submitted approved scores - No action is needed.
For PBCSD Principals who have served at the following schools for at least two (2) consecutive school years (including current year) and the school has a statewide ratio of Best and Brightest Teachers to other classroom teachers that is at the 80th percentile or higher for schools within the same grade group, statewide, the award is as follows:
- Title I School - $5,000.
- Non-Title I School - $4,000.