Current Major Projects
• Established in the Fall of 2015.
• Advisory group for the Superintendent.
• Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers.
• About 120 teachers attend these meetings.
• Partnership with FAU and 2 other School Districts.
• Awarded up to $1.1 million over the next 3 years.
• Outcome: Develop a Leadership Tracking System to match program effectiveness and match candidates to schools.
• AASA Grant awarded to advise during the transition to personalized professional development system.
• Focus professional development on job embedded trainings linked to student outcomes.
• Partnership with 4 other urban school districts.
Professional Growth is a division committed to ensuring all adults in our system have the opportunity grow and develop professionally in order to meet the needs of our students. This division develops the leaders of tomorrow, expands the knowledge base of current leadership, supports teacher development, and educates adult learners. A long-term goal of this division is to personalize our professional development/trainings to meet the specific needs of each adult and to ensure all trainings are linked to improved student outcomes.