There is no one type of school. Nor is there just one approach to teaching and learning. Yet regardless of a school’s size, location, philosophy or education model, it benefits from intensive, ongoing diagnostic reviews of its work, carried out by knowledgeable, well-trained, independent reviewers.
AdvancED Standards are research-based, comprehensive quality statements that describe conditions and factors that contribute to a quality educational experience and operational effectiveness.
The research confirms that every school requires:
- stable governance, management, and leadership;
- a coherent course of study;
- a reliable system by which to assess students’ progress;
- instructors who have a clear understanding of what they aim to teach, how, and why; and
- access to the resources they need.