The School District is seeking to immediately hire school bus drivers for the 2017- 2018 school year. Successful trainees who become school bus drivers will receive a starting pay of $14.28 per hour; full benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, and the ability to participate in a Retirement Program.
Successful candidates will enter the District’s Bus Driver’s Training Program and must possess the following qualifications:
- A Driver’s License for a minimum of five (5) years.
- A good driving history:
- Does not have more than 1 moving violation for each of the previous 3 years.
- Does not have a DUI, DWI or similar charge for the previous 7 years.
- The ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- The ability to obtain a CDL driver’s permit for Class B with Airbrakes; and Passenger and School Bus endorsements.
- Pass a DOT Physical, and Level II Background check.
Successful candidates will be paid $10.42 per hour up to 80 hours during training.
For more information click here to complete the online application. For further assistance please contact us at 561-242-6515 or 561-242-6512.
To expedite the application process please obtain and submit a complete driving record (Lifetime Driving History) online at http://www.flhsmv.gov/dd/abstract.html or by visiting your local Dept. of Motor Vehicle Service Center, Tax Collector’s Office or Courthouse. If you have relocated from another state, you must provide a complete driving record (Lifetime History) from that state also. Please submit this information to the SDPBC, Transportation Services, Safety and Training Section, 3376 Summit Blvd., P-11, West Palm Beach, FL 33406.