The School District is seeking school bus drivers to be immediately trained and ready for the road.
The District is currently seeking 25 to 30 drivers to help create a reserve of drivers to help fill spots vacated by drivers who retire or leave their positions.
Successful trainees who become school bus drivers will receive a starting pay of $14.28 per hour; full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and the ability to participate in a Retirement Program.
Successful candidates will enter the District’s bus driver training program and must possess the following qualifications:
Minimum requirements for the School Bus Driver position are the following:
- Must be a licensed driver for at least 5 years;
- Have a good driving record with not more than 2 moving violations within an 18 month period and not more than one moving violation per year for the last 3 years;
- Must be clear of any suspensions or revocations for diving while intoxicated/under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol (DUI/DWI) within the last 7 years;
- The driving record must be clear of the following infractions for the previous 7 years:
- Leaving the scene of an accident where there was an injury or property damage;
- Reckless driving resulting in an accident;
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer
- The driving record must not show a pattern of
- Violating the law;
- Unsafe or reckless driving
- Unwillingness to comply with the law.
Successful candidates will be paid $10.42 per hour up to 80 hours during training.
For more information click here to complete the online application. For further assistance please contact us at 561-242-6515 or 561-242-6512.
To expedite the application process please obtain and submit a complete driving record (Lifetime Driving History) online or by visiting your local Dept. of Motor Vehicle Service Center, Tax Collector’s Office or Courthouse. If you have relocated from another state, you must provide a complete driving record (Lifetime History) from that state also. Please submit this information to the SDPBC, Transportation Services, Safety and Training Section, 3376 Summit Blvd., P-11, West Palm Beach, FL 33406.