More than 500 school volunteers and business partners were celebrated at the Kravis Center Friday for the District’s annual Volunteers & Business Partners Awards Breakfast.
The event honored the District’s Outstanding School Volunteers, the 2018 Florida Department of Education Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award winners, the Family and Community Involvement Award winners and the 2018 District-Wide Business Partner Winner.
And the winners are…
Outstanding School Volunteers:
• Kayla Abramowitz, Outstanding Youth School Volunteer. Kayla also received the Outstanding Youth School Volunteer award from the State of Florida. Click here to see her video.
• Terri Priore, Outstanding Adult School Volunteer. She also received the State of Florida Outstanding Adult Volunteer Award. Click here to see her video.
• Robert D. Miller, Jr., Outstanding Senior School Volunteer. Miller also received the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Click here to see his video.
2018 Florida Department of Education Commissioner’s Business Recognition Awards Honorees:
• FPL/NextEra Energy – Click here to see their video.
• Lion Country Safari – Click here to see their video.
2018 District-Wide Business Partner Winner:
• Comcast NBCUniversal
Family and Community Involvement Award Winners:
• Hidden Oaks Elementary School’s High Flying Hawk Awards
• Woodlands Middle School’s Mustangs Mentor Program
Additionally, Chick-fil-A was inducted into the School District Business Partner Hall of Fame. Click here to see their video.
The District has 1,300 business partners and more than 40,000 volunteers working to provide the best education to students across the District.