Interactive Multimedia Classroom
Frequently Asked Questions -- FAQ's
- What are the current District standard classroom technologies?
- What are the warranties for LCD projectors, document cameras, and sound field enhancement?
- What do I do if my new classroom technology device stops working?
- How do I get a replacement bulb for a District supported LCD projector?
- How can I get a broken Audio Enhancement microphone repaired?
- Where do I go for information on purchasing a new LCD projector or document camera?
- Where do I go for information on purchasing a replacement VGA cable?
Current District Classroom Technology Standards
- Epson 955w (standard classroom)
- Epson 485wi (wall mounted ultra-short-throw)
- Epson D6155w (media center & high school cafeteria)
- Epson 4750w (cafetorium)
- AVer F50HD (standard classroom)
- AVer PL50 (science classroom)
Sound Field Enhancement
- Audio Enhancement Ultimate II
- Audio Enhancement Ultimate III
Interactive Whiteboard & Student Response Systems
- eInstruction Mobi View
- eInstruction CPS Pulse
- eInstruction Insight 360
- Da-Lite DAL 40194 (60" x 80" Model B Matte White 4:3 format) -- for standard classroom
- Da-Lite DAL 70305 (72.5" x 116" Model C Matte White 16:10 format) -- for large room or media center
Extended Monitor Adapters (for teacher desktop computer)
- C2G 6205082 2-port UXGA Monitor Splitter/Extender (for Dell GX755 desktop computers and older)
- Requires one (1) Male to Female SVGA cable (for splitter to PC)
- Requires two (2) Male to Male SVGA cables (for splitter to monitor and document camera)
- C2G 9200316 DisplayPort (M) to DVI (F) 8" Dongle (for Dell GX760 - GX990 models)
- Requires monitor with Female DVI port
- C2G 15683094 HDMI to DVI Adapter (for Dell GX3010 desktop computers)
- Requires monitor with Female DVI port
Repair & Warranty Information
Please follow the directions below for repair of LCD projectors, document cameras, and sound field enhancement devices. Older classroom technologies, i.e., LCD projectors and document cameras, not listed below were replaced in FY15 and are no longer be supported by the District.
Please place an eSupport work order to have the department of Information Technology check for current warranty status and provide repair/replacement options.
Replacement bulbs for District supported LCD projectors listed above are provided by the department of Educational Technology at no cost to a school. Please place an eSupport work order to receive a new bulb. Once the new bulb is received, the old non-working bulb must be returned to IT for proper disposal because LCD projector bulbs are considered a hazardous material.
Lumens document cameras listed above have a five (5) year warranty from the date of purchase. Please complete the Service Request Form below (see link) and put "Palm Beach County School District" in the request. Lumens offers free shipping for these devices.
Lumens toll-free customer service line hotline: 1-866-600-0988 (8am - 5pm (PST), Monday - Friday)
Click on this link for the Service Request Form.
Click on this link for the Lumens Warranty PDF.
AVer document cameras have a five (5) year "bumper-to-bumper" (all-inclusive) warranty with free 2-way RMA shipping and 5-year worry-free standard advanced replacement program. AVer will ship a replacement system, before you ship back the defective unit.
AVer toll-free customer service line hotline: 1-877-528-7824.
For more information go to: http://www.averusa.com/classroom-technology/support/rma.asp
Audio Enhancement offers a five (5) year limited manufacturer's warranty against malfunction due to manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship on the teardrop microphone, handheld microphone, receiver/amplifier systems, the external infrared sensors, power supplies and speakers.
Optional accessories are warranted under the same terms for a period of one (1) year. The "AA" NiMH Batteries supplied by Audio Enhancement carry a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase.
For more information go to: http://www.audioenhancement.com
The mics can be repaired: Microphone Transmitter WMT IT part 3100-0152 for $75 + shipping to AE Corporate in Utah.
Please refer to the SDPBC Purchasing Department's web site for information on LCD projectors and document cameras.
The following VGA cables are approved for purchase when replacing ceiling mounted and ultra-short-throw installations:
- C2G RapidRun Multi-Format Runner (35 foot)
- C2G RapidRun Multi-Format Runner (50 foot)
- C2G RapidRun Multi-Format Flying Lead HD15 (VGA) Male (Note: two flying leads are needed for each RapidRun Runner)
NOTE: RapidRun cables require two (2) Flying Lead ends for each Multi-Format Runner.
Please contact GovConnection to purchase C2G (formerly Cables To Go) RapidRun cables.
For more information go to: http://www.govconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=14416381&cac=Result
Vendor Contact Information
Vendor: Audio Enhancement
Vendor: CCS Presentation Systems
|904-998-7227 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|800-868-2462 ext. email@example.com|
|800-282-6733 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
Vendor: eInstruction by TT
Billy Jack Garren