Autism Spectrum Disorder Endorsement
Autism Endorsement Tuition Support Program – The program provides financial assistance to exceptional student education (ESE) teachers who are teaching students identified as having autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in Florida public schools. The tuition support is being advertised by the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services to assist teachers seeking an endorsement in Autism. The application can be viewed at: http://www.florida-ese.org/
· Contact: Ms. Melanie Morales, at (305) 348-2390 or Melanie.Morales@fiu.edu
Spring registration opens Oct. 30th.
Classes begin January 13th – May 9th.
SPC is offering the following autism courses this Spring term:
- EEX 4291(3 cr.) Effective Learning Environments for Autism Through Design, Assessment, Behavior Management and required co-req. EEX 4942 (1cr.) Effective Lrng. Envrnmts For Autism Through Dsgn., Assessment, Behavior Mgmt. Field Experience. Class numbers for registration in MySPC: 3860 & 3861 (classes begin Jan 13th – May 9th)
- EEX 4761 (3cr.) Communication Assessment, Strategies and Assistive & Instructional Technology for Students with Autism and required co-req. EEX 4943 (1cr.) Communication Assessment, Strategies and Assistive & Instructional Technology for Students with Autism. (express/10 week courses). Class numbers for registration in MySPC: 3858 & 3859 (12 week Express courses beginning Feb. 10th – May 9th)
The 2013-2014 tuition rate for Florida residents is $118.70 per credit (online lab fee of $15 per credit).
· Select degree program—DG-NO--Upper Division Non Degree. Then choose-Autism—Non Degree.
· Complete all Florida residency information or registration cannot be completed
· Pay $40 application fee by credit/debit card or application will not be processed
· Email SPC student ID# to firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize application for education classes
Step 2: Scan/email to email@example.com or fax (727-499-4620) a copy of ESE Teaching Certificate or DOE certificate number
Autism brochure final (pdf)
IRSC ASD Endorsement (pdf)
FLYER FOR PBS Course (.docx)
Loan Calculator (web site)