The District uses a computerized Energy Management System, or "EMS", to control electrical usage and help minimize energy costs. Most District buildings are scheduled to have their air conditioning and lighting systems shut down after hours, on weekends, and over holiday breaks. To ensure that after-hours or weekend events are provided with the proper air conditioning and lighting services, please read the FAQs and answers below.
Our school has an event coming up. Who do I contact to submit an A/C or lighting schedule?
Schools must submit their schedules, by e-mail, to the District's two EMS Technicians and the Utility Manager:
Frank Arancibia, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Marcelino Rodriguez, (email@example.com), Christina Davis, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What information must be included in my schedule request?
To be processed in a timely and accurate manner, please ensure that all requests contain the following information:
- School name
- School contact, including name and phone number
- Specific building, room number(s), and floor (if applicable)
- Date(s) of event/activity
- Time of event, including start time and end time
- Description of event or reason for the request
When must schedule requests be submitted?
- For nighttime events, schedules must be submitted by 12:00 noon on the day of the event. Schedules submitted after noon are not guaranteed.
- For weekend events, schedules must be submitted by 11 AM on Friday. Schedules submitted after 11 AM are not guaranteed.
- Holiday schedules: during holidays, when schools are closed (e.g., Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Spring Break), air conditioning and lighting schedules are turned off or greatly reduced. Schedules for special events taking place over a holiday break must be submitted two weeks prior to the start of the break.
Who can I call to submit an A/C or lighting request or report a problem after normal business hours?
Normal business hours for the EMS staff are Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 3:30 PM. If you need to submit a request or report a problem after normal business hours, please call School Police Dispatch at 561-434-8700 (or PX 48700). They are open 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Contact Christina Davis, Utilities/Energy Manager at email@example.com or PX 27124.