Grand Jury Report on School Safety
Grand Jury Report and District Response
One week after the February 14, 2018, school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg announced he was convening a grand jury on school safety and preparedness. Click here to read State Attorney Aronberg's press release announcing the convening of the Grand Jury. Click here to visit the School District's comprehensive School Safety page.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND LINKS
- Click here for a salary comparison of School District Police and other local law enforcement agencies.
- Click here to see information on School District Police vehicles.
- Click here to learn more about the equipment provided to School Police.
- Click here to read the School District's response to the State Attorney's Assessment of the District Budget Process.
- Click here for the Independent Auditor's Letter for Fiscal Year 2017.
- Read the School District's response to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office third-party review of the PBSO's preparedness for an active shooter attack.
- Click here to read the Department of Justice agreement with the School District of Palm Beach County.
- Read the Sun Sentinel's column, "On school safety, Tallahassee takes credit. Locals get bills," by Randy Schultz.
- Read the Palm Beach Post story, "A cop in every public school by August? Easier said than done," by Andrew Marra.
- Watch WPTV's story, "Keeping Students Safe at School," by Andrew Ruiz.
PLAN FOR SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGISTS & MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELORS
Learn more about the School District's plan to increase the number of School Psychologists and Mental Health Counselors in Palm Beach County. Watch the presentation to the School Board, and click here to read the presentation.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE DISTRICT'S BUDGET AND BUDGET PROCESS
Learn more about the District's budget for Fiscal Year 2019, and how it will spend the money allotted by the Florida Legislature for school safety and security. Click here to learn more about the budget development process. Click here to read the presentation to the Budget Advisory Council on Thursday, June 7.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Palm Beach County School District Police Department was established in 1972, and for more than four decades has been dedicated to serving and protecting Palm Beach County's students and schools. Visit the School Safety page to learn more about how School District Police and the School District of Palm Beach County are keeping students safe.