The District is very focused on innovations supporting student achievement both directly and indirectly while assuring that all technology stays aligned with the District’s mission and goals.
The Technology Clearinghouse Committee (TCC) was established and charged with unifying schools and department's technology purchasing decisions, therefore reducing duplication, incompatibility, and unnecessary expenditures.
The TCC reviews proposed technology to assure alignment with the District’s mission and goals by examining the product from two distinct perspectives: function and technology.
To view the list of previously reviewed items, TCC Review History Report.
- Complete all fields in form PBCSD 2199 as completely as possible. The form is located inside the Information Technology folder in eForms.
- Using the form's routing functions, forward the form to your Principal, Director or Area Superintendent for review and their electronic signature.
- They should select "Routing Complete" to forward the request to the Technology Clearinghouse Committee for inclusion in the next available meeting agenda.
- IT Governance staff will review the form and contact the submitter for additional information if needed.
- Wait for a response from the committee chairperson after the next regularly scheduled committee meeting (bimonthly).
- When appropriate, the committee may request IT assistance in a deeper technology review.
- Please address questions to TCH@PalmBeachSchools.org. Please note: TCC will not accept submissions directly from vendors. A sponsoring school or department is required.
- PBSD 1733 is used to request assistance from the Office of General Counsel, if needed.
- If any Student accounts are needed for login or access to any web-based program or service a PBSD 2220 form must be completed with the vendor.
- This designates the vendor as "other school official" for the purpose of receiving limited personally-identifiable student information (School Board Policy 5.50).
- Coordinate the creation of student accounts following District standards with the Educational Technology Department. This includes automated processes to create or upload accounts.
- TCC will require a copy of the completed PBSD 2220.
If you wish to purchase a District Standard Technology, Click here.
Please address questions to Technology Purchasing Agents at 561-434-8231.