Web Content Filtering
IT Security provides a robust web content filtering system that protects the District's technology users and technology resources from malicious and harmful web content.
Web content filtering is necessary to:
- Meet the requirements of the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) to receive discounts offered by the E-Rate Program.
- Restrict access to web sites that contain lewd, lascivious, vulgar, obscene or plainly offensive materials.
- Restrict access to web sites that contain excessive violence, promotes hate, violence or racism, or encourages illegal activity.
- Restrict access to web sites that materially and substantially interferes with the work of the school or infringes upon the rights of other.
- Restrict access to web sites that could impair or compromise the security or performance of the District's information systems.