Non-Instructional Hiring Process
Review Job Postings and Job Descriptions
All job openings are advertised within our online application. Many of these opportunities are available to internal and external job seekers. Create a profile in our online job application, review our advertised jobs, and then check the job descriptions to determine whether or not you meet the requirements for the position. Job qualifications can be reviewed in the application and on our Job Descriptions page.
All applications must be done online, and no paper application exists. After submitting your application, your application details are accessible by the school or department who advertised the job. They only see the information you sent at the time of application, so be sure to complete your application in full. Criteria for each job is chosen to identify candidates who have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job at the highest level. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring supervisor from the school or department will contact you for an interview.
Interviews and Hiring Requirements
Interviews are conducted at the job site. If selected, you will be contacted by the Department of Recruitment & Retention with a list of required documents for the position.
These items may include:
Applicant Security Check - PBSD Form 1665
Employment Reference Forms - PBSD Form 0606
- A minimum of three (3) references covering all employment over the last five (5) years (including supervisors) are mandatory.
Physical Demand Testing Requirements
- Effective October 5, 2015, the District will require that applicants being hired into one of 22 job classifications pass a Post Offer Physical Demand Test. Applicants may click here to watch a video describing the test, prior to applying to any of the job classifications listed.
- For a list of all jobs that require the Physical Demand Test, click here.
Official transcripts OR High School Diploma
- Required education and/or degrees must be earned from an institution accredited by an organization recognized by SACS (Southern Associates of Colleges and Schools) and CHEA (Council for Higher Education). Please visit www.SACS.org, www.advanc-ed.org and/or www.CHEA.org to determine if your educational institution is accredited.
- Foreign Educated Applicants:
Applicants with academic training and degrees granted outside the United States MUST submit a credential evaluation report that includes a statement of degree equivalency and a breakdown of the coursework and semester hour credits. An accredited two or four year college or university in the U.S., or a credential evaluation agency can provide this report. A partial list of approved agencies is found at www.naces.org.
Completion of the New Employee Orientation Forms (online) - These are to be completed within your online application profile following a job offer. Log into the application, and click the link in the box titled "Extended Job Offer". Only applicants with a job offer will be able to complete these online forms.
Once cleared by Human Resources, new and returning employees will be presented with a job offer letter, sent for a medical screening and to School Police for fingerprinting. Employee Orientation will also be scheduled. You may not begin working until you have completed all hiring requirements including Employee Orientation.
The School District of Palm Beach County offers a wide variety of non-instructional job opportunities. Some of our most commonly advertised positions include custodians, assistant behavioral/physical needs (teacher assistants), secretaries, food service workers, and many more. To see all active job postings, and apply for any position of interest, click the appropriate button below. The preferred web browser is Internet Explorer.Safari, FIrefox, and Google Chrome users may experience technical difficulties.
School Food Service
Many other positions are available throughout the school year, so we encourage you to apply today!