WEST PALM BEACH- The School District is seeking school bus drivers to be trained and ready for the road when school is back in session after the winter break.
The District is currently seeking 25 drivers to help create a reserve of drivers to help fill spots vacated by drivers who retire or leave their positions.
Successful trainees who become school bus drivers will receive a starting pay of $14.28 per hour; full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and the ability to participate in a Retirement Program.
Successful candidates will enter the District’s bus driver training program and must possess the following qualifications:
- A Driver License for a minimum of five (5) years.
- A good driving history:
- Does not have more than 1 moving violation for each of the previous 3 years.
- Does not have a DUI, DWI or similar charge for the previous 7 years.
- The ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- The ability to obtain a CDL driver’s permit for Class B with Airbrakes; and Passenger and School Bus endorsements.
- Pass a DOT Physical, and Level II Background check.
Successful candidates will be paid $10.42 per hour up to 80 hours during training.
For more information click here to complete the online application. For further assistance please contact us at 561-242-6515 or 561-242-6512.
To expedite the application process please obtain and submit a complete driving record (Lifetime Driving History) online at http://www.flhsmv.gov/dd/abstract.html or by visiting your local Dept. of Motor Vehicle Service Center, Tax Collector’s Office or Courthouse. If you have relocated from another state, you must provide a complete driving record (Lifetime History) from that state also. Please submit this information to the SDPBC, Transportation Services, Safety and Training Section, 3376 Summit Blvd., P-11, West Palm Beach, FL 33406.