WEST PALM BEACH – Students entering Kindergarten, 7th grade or registering for school in Palm Beach County for the first time must receive vaccinations and provide a Florida Certification of Immunization (DH 680 form) to the school upon registration.
Vaccinations for students entering Kindergarten (K) or any grade as a new student in the county:
• Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis (DTaP) – four or five doses (fifth dose not required if fourth dose administered at age four or older)
• Hepatitis B (Hep B) – 3 doses
• Polio (OPV or IPV) – 3, 4 or 5 doses (the last one after age 4)
• Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses
• Varicella – 2 doses or provider verification of Chickenpox disease history
In addition to the K-12 vaccines, students entering seventh grade must have:
• Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis booster (Tdap) – 1 dose
If a student is currently enrolled in Palm Beach County schools and entering the seventh grade, an updated DH 680 must be provided prior to the start of school.
Vaccinations and the DH 680 form is available through local medical providers and physicians, Florida Health Palm Beach County Health Centers or the Florida Health Palm Beach County- School Health Division.
Vaccinations are also available through the Florida Health Palm Beach County Immunization Van. For a list of dates and times for the van, call (561) 840-4568.
Be sure to bring your child’s current immunization records when receiving vaccines.