The five magnet schools include two International Baccalaureate (I.B.) elementary schools, one I.B. middle school, one established I.B. middle school with STEM infusion, and one STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) middle school.
The five schools and grant-funded programs are:
- Carver Middle School, Delray Beach: IB Middle Years Programme with STEM infusion
- Congress Middle School, Boynton Beach: STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Grove Park Elementary, Palm Beach Gardens: IB Primary Years Programme with STEM infusion
- H.L. Watkins Middle School, Palm Beach Gardens: IB Middle Years Programme with STEM infusion
- Palmetto Elementary School, West Palm Beach: IB Primary Years Programme with STEM infusion
Students in MSAP grant-funded programs will have personal iPads and other opportunities unique to their schools, including collaborating with local artists on murals and participating in STEM and STEAM nights. Teachers in the schools will receive extensive professional development paid for by the grant, to create some of the most highly qualified teachers in the District.
Applications for the five schools must be submitted before school begins in August. Families can apply for these innovative new programs in English, Haitian Creole, or Spanish at https://www.palmbeachschools.org/choiceprograms/msap-choice-schools/.
To learn more about the MSAP grant, please contact Justin Roy, MSAP Grant Marketing and Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.