Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the School District of Palm Beach County, in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1963, that all employees and applicants have the right to work in an environment free from discrimination and harassment or coercive conduct.
Deneen Wellings, EEO/ADA Coordinator
1790 NW Spanish River Boulevard
Boca Raton, FL 33931
(561) 982-0905 (Office)
(561) 982-0944 (Fax)
- Employee or applicant who believes that s/he has been the subject of any form of discrimination or sexual harassment by anyone at the district or by any person who does business with the district reports the matter to her/his supervisor and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Coordinator.
- Supervisor or employee notifies the EEO Coordinator of the discrimination or harassment via telephone, e-mail, letter or by completing the EEO Charge of Discrimination Form (Form 2162).
- If employee or applicant decides to not use the district's internal process for filing charges and goes directly to the EEOC, the EEOC office will forward the Charge of Discrimination to the district's EEO Coordinator.
- EEO Coordinator conducts a prompt and thorough investigation of the alleged incident as specified in Florida Statutes.
- EEO Coordinator develops resolution and corrective action for the complaint.
- EEO Coordinator notifies the employee and Supervisor or Department Head of the resolution to the complaint.
- Consistent with Board Policy 3.05 and 3.19, if dissatisfied with the resolution, employee may elect to appeal such action or resolution in accordance with the appropriate grievance procedure or administrative process through the EEOC office.