The Department of Safe Schools
Student Code of Conduct
Student Code of Conduct and Discipline Coding System
The Student Code of Conduct is in place to help students gain the greatest possible benefit from their educational opportunities in the School District of Palm Beach County. We encourage parents and students to review this Student Code of Conduct together and talk about the importance of being safe, responsible, and respectful at school and in everyday life.
Purpose of the Student Code of Conduct
- Create a consistent set of expectations for student behavior in Palm Beach County Schools
- Reinforce positive behavior and provide students with opportunities to develop appropriate social skills
- Outline the interventions and consequences for students who engage in inappropriate behavior
- Explain the rights of students with disabilities, including procedural protections, when disciplinary action is taken
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of all members of the school community
- Engage students in a safe, positive, and supportive learning environment
Scope of the Student Code of Conduct
The Student Code of Conduct is intended to outline a range of appropriate responses for inappropriate behaviors:
- The Student Code of Conduct applies to all students. However, discipline for students with disabilities shall be administered in accordance with federal and state law.
- The Student Code of Conduct applies to actions of students at school, at school-sponsored and school-related activities, including school-sponsored travel, and for school-related misconduct.
You can find more information about our Student Code of Conduct by going to School Board Policies under Chapter 5.
- Policy 5.18: Student Conduct and Behavior
- Policy 5.1812: Operational Procedures for Incidents and Actions for Elementary Students
- Policy 5.1813: Operational Procedures for Incidents and Actions for Secondary Students