The Department of Safe Schools
Teenage Parent Program (TPP)
TPP Program Services
TPP is a voluntary program that offers pregnant students and teen parents the opportunity to become responsible parents and complete requirements for graduation. TPP services are available in all geographic areas of Palm Beach County.
- Participants in TPP complete a 1/2 credit Parenting Course while continuing to earn credits toward a high school diploma.
- Child care and referrals to social services, health services, and transportation are provided for TPP students and their children.
- Students who have completed a TPP program continue to receive services if they stay in a school and earn credit toward graduation.
Students must meet the criteria listed below in order to meet eligibility requirements for TPP.
- Students must be enrolled in a high school diploma program.
- Students must be enrolled in an approved parenting course.
- Students must provide a copy of ONE of the following:
- Doctor's certification of pregnancy
- Child's birth certificate
- Notarized affidavit of fatherhood signed by mother and father
Students under 18 years of age interested in participating in TPP must obtain parent or guardian permission YEARLY and prior to student enrollment in the program.
School counselors are available to provide students with detailed information about the Teenage Parent Program. The Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach Countyalso provides assistance to pregnant women and teens.
Teenage Parent Offerings
High School Programs
Many high schools in Palm Beach County offer a parenting skills course as part of the school program.
Dropout Prevention - Alternative Education
TAPs are offered through Academic Intervention Programs to support pregnant and parenting teens who are in need of specialized support.
Palm Beach Virtual School (PBVS)
PBVS offers a parenting skills course. Students who earn credit in the PBVS parenting skills course are eligible for TPP services while they attend school.
Florida Virtual High School (FLVHS)
FLVHS offers a parenting skills course. Students who earn credit in the FLVHS parenting skills course are eligible for TPP services while they attend school.
TPPs are offered at some Charter schools as a part of their school program.
June Eassa, Director
Amy Crease, Resource Teacher