The Department of Secondary Curriculum
aligns, and revises course curriculum based on Next Generation Sunshine State Standards, goals of the District, data, proven research and increasing student achievement.
collaborates with teachers and other stakeholders to develop materials and provide resources that support a rigorous and relevant curriculum framework for Palm Beach County students. To assist schools with implementing the course curriculum, extensive professional development is provided to instructional personnel and administrators through the department. Fostering business relationships and community partnerships is a priority of the department.
Coordinating and monitoring programs that are made possible by outside funding include, but are not limited to:
- Science Fair, Florida History Fair
- Canon Future Authors
- Teaching American History Grant
- SECME (Science, Engineering, Communication, Mathematics and Enrichment)
- Content Enhancement Routines
- CRISS (CReating Independence through Student-owned Strategies) Academic Games, A-Team, and K-12 art shows.
- Application Boca
- Application Glades
- Mentor Application Boca
- Mentor Application Glades
- Recommendation Form Boca
- Recommendation Form Glades
Our Mission Statement is to provide quality, focused and differentiated support to enhance the capacity of all stakeholders with the goal of meeting student needs and increasing student achievement.