SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN SUBMISSION PROCESS
Online: SIP submission using the Continuous Improvement Management System (CIMS):
- Submit the SAC approved FY19 SIP, on CIMS no later than Monday, October 8, 2018;
- Complete the Online Tracking within CIMS by forwarding to your Regional Office Designee; use the How to Submit and Track SIPs Guide
- This will have your SIP in a reviewing stage until the Regional Office Designee has approved your SIP.
- Once approved by the Regional Office Designee. Principals submit the approved SIP using the blue submit plan button.
- Attach required PDF documentation to School Improvement Checklist PBSD 2248;
- Digitally sign and submit the SIP checklist with attached documents to your Regional Office Designee.
- Review and approve SIPs on CIMS;
- Review all documentation attached to PBSD 2248 for each school in your region;
- Digitally sign the SIP Checklist;
- Instructional Superintendents will route the checklist and attachments to the Regional Superintendent;
- Regional Superintendents will route the checklist and attachments to Luz Patricia Saldarriaga no later than Monday, October 15, 2018.
September 24, 2018, SAC Approval of Draft SIP
October 8, 2018, All Schools submission of SAC approved SIP through the CIMS Online System, Documentation (PBSD 2248)
October 15, 2018, Regional Offices reviews and approve SIPs, submits PBSD 2250 for School Board Approval
October 29, 2018, District Offices reviews and publishes SIPs
November 14, 2018, SIPs are presented for School Board Approval
SAC Audio Presentations *Click on Links Below*
- Purpose of SAC (11 mins.)
- SAC Governance (9 mins.)
- Attracting and Maintaining SAC Membership (7 mins.)
- SAC Membership and Officers (10 mins.)
- SAC Election Procedures (7 mins.)
- SAC Bylaws (5 mins.)
- SAC Meetings (11 mins.)
- SAC Minutes of Meetings (6 mins.)
- Budget and Funding Revenues (10 mins.)
Are charter schools subject to Differentiated Accountability under section 1008.33, Florida Statutes?
No, charter schools are exempt from this statute, pursuant to section 1002.33(16), Florida Statutes. If a charter has a current grade of D or F, they must follow the accountability requirements of Rule 6A-1.099827, Florida Administrative Code.
How do I print the SIP if it isn't published to the public site?
Logged in users may print an unpublished SIP two ways. They may go to the Plans page at https://www.floridacims.org/plans and click the black Export button next to the plan they wish to print. This will generate a PDF file that may be saved to the user's computer and/or printed. Alternatively, users already working within the plan may find the blackExport button in the left navigation tree of any page within the SIP
Does the FDOE produce a newsletter or bulletin?
Does the FDOE have a School Improvement Website other than CIMS?
YES, NEW WEBSITE - recently added to the FDOE website
Florida Bureau of School Improvement Website:
- Master Report RXOOA0197 for FY18: Early Warning Systems & Performance Data
- School Advisory Council, Roster Report RXOOA0519
- Compliance of School Advisory Membership, Report RXOOA0521
- SAC Members (Used to edit members) PRINCIPAL ACCESS ONLY!
SIP Guidance Documents
This is a guidance document with suggested narrative samples for schools:
- User Management How to Guide
- Curriculum Matrix FS 1003.42
- Finding a Significant Target
- Elementary SAC Membership Compliance Calculator
- Secondary SAC Membership Compliance Calculator
- Grade 3 LTO Targets for Schools
- High School Readiness LTO Targets for Middle Schools
- High School Readiness LTO Targets for Alternative Schools
Submission of SIP Checklist eForm PBSD 2248 is required of all schools.
- School Improvement Checklist PBSD 2248 is available via Forms in the PBCSD Portal.
Voting SAC members complete SAC Member eForm PBSD 1710.
School Public Accountability Reports
Covering Elementary and Secondary Education Act Requirements for State and LEA Annual Report Cards