Are charter schools subject to Differentiated Accountability under section 1008.33, Florida Statutes?
No, charter schools are exempt from this statute, pursuant to section 1002.33(16), Florida Statutes. If a charter has a current grade of D or F, they must follow the accountability requirements of Rule 6A-1.099827, Florida Administrative Code.
How do I print the SIP if it isn't published to the public site?
Logged in users may print an unpublished SIP two ways. They may go to the Plans page at https://www.floridacims.org/plans and click the black Export button next to the plan they wish to print. This will generate a PDF file that may be saved to the user's computer and/or printed. Alternatively, users already working within the plan may find the blackExport button in the left navigation tree of any page within the SIP
Does the FDOE produce a newsletter or bulletin?
Does the FDOE have a School Improvement Website other than CIMS?
YES, NEW WEBSITE - recently added to the FDOE website
Florida Bureau of School Improvement Website:
Did you know?
School Recognition Funds (A+Funds) and Other Decisions
School Board Policy 2.09 and Florida State Statute 1008.36 require:
School recognition funds "must be used for purposes listed in Fla. Stat. § 1008.36(5) as determined jointly by the school's staff and School Advisory Council." For purposes of this subsection, "school staff" means all employees assigned to that school at the time of the decision.
Pursuant to Fla. Stat. § 1008.36(5), school recognition funds must be used for any of the following:
- Nonrecurring bonuses to the faculty and staff;
- Nonrecurring expenditures for educational equipment or materials to assist in maintaining and improving student performance; or
- Temporary personnel for the school to assist in maintaining and improving student performance.
The Office of School Improvement recommends that each school outline in the SAC Bylaws a process for:
- Collecting ideas/recommendations
- Advertising and/or distribution of ideas/recommendations
- Voting on the ideas/recommendations
- Counting the votes on the ideas/recommendations (no secret ballots)
- Determining what will happen if there is a deadlock
All processes must be in accordance with School Board Policy and Florida State Statutes
View the Budget and Funding Revenues presentation (link to the right)
SAC Audio Presentations *Click on Links Below*
- Purpose of SAC (11 mins.)
- SAC Governance (9 mins.)
- Attracting and Maintaining SAC Membership (7 mins.)
- SAC Membership and Officers (10 mins.)
- SAC Election Procedures (7 mins.)
- SAC Bylaws (5 mins.)
- SAC Meetings (11 mins.)
- SAC Minutes of Meetings (6 mins.)
- Budget and Funding Revenues (10 mins.)
- Master Report RXOOA0197 for FY18: Early Warning Systems & Performance Data
- School Advisory Council, Roster Report RXOOA0519
- Compliance of School Advisory Membership, Report RXOOA0521
- SAC Members (Used to edit members) PRINCIPAL ACCESS ONLY!
Submission of SIP Checklist eForm PBSD 2248 is required of all schools.
Voting SAC members complete SAC Member eForm PBSD 1710.
Executive Leadership submit SIP Confirmation Receipt eForm PBSD 2250.
SIP Guidance Documents
This is a guidance document with suggested narrative samples for schools:
- User Management How to Guide
- FY18 SIP Guidance Documents
- FY18 SIP Tracking Review Flow Chart
- Form 2248 School Improvement Plan Checklist
- Curriculum Matrix FS 1003.42
- Finding a Significant Target
- Elementary SAC Membership Compliance Calculator
- Secondary SAC Membership Compliance Calculator
- Grade 3 LTO Targets for Schools
- High School Readiness LTO Targets for Middle Schools
- High School Readiness LTO Targets for Alternative Schools
School Public Accountability Reports
Covering Elementary and Secondary Education Act Requirements for State and LEA Annual Report Cards