School Improvement Plan (SIP) Training FY19
SIP WEBINARS: 9-6-18, 7:30AM, 9-13-18, 12:00PM, or 9-20-18, 3:00PM
Mandatory SIP training was offered to principals and school teams from August 2, 2018 - September 28, 2018. Schools were offered the choice to attend face-to-face or webinar sessions. Additionally, optional lab time and/or individual support was available for school teams.
School Improvement Plan (SIP) District Strategic Plan Alignment
SIP Requirement: All District schools must ensure that one (1) CIMS Goal aligns to the District Strategic Plan. Alignment Webinars were provided through the School Improvement Training. Additionally, All District Schools are required to include meet the requirements for School Board Policy 2.09 that reads:
Schools are required by the Florida Department of Education to complete their School Improvement Plan (SIP) templates with the assistance of their School Advisory Councils. In addition to the content in the SIP template, schools are required to include:
Single school culture and appreciation of multicultural diversity (applicable to all grade levels).
Content as required by Florida Statute 1003.42(2), as applicable to appropriate grade levels, including but not limited to:
History of Holocaust,
History of Africans and African Americans,
Sacrifices of Veterans.
School Advisory Council
SAC Chairs are encouraged to view all presentations with the SAC membership.
- Purpose of SAC (11 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of the reason schools have SACs
- SAC Governance (9 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of the laws that govern SAC
- Attracting and Maintaining SAC Membership (7 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of strategies to recruit and maintain SAC Membership
- SAC Membership and Officers (10 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of roles and responsibilities for SAC Members and Officers
- SAC Election Procedures (7 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of the processes and procedures when electing SAC Officers
- SAC Bylaws (5 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of the various topics and guidance in establishing your SAC Bylaws
- SAC Meetings (11 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of how to conduct SAC Meetings
- SAC Minutes of Meetings (6 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of the requirements regarding taking and maintaining SAC minutes
- Budget and Funding Revenues (10 mins.) & PDF
- Overview of SACs responsibility regarding funding and budgets
- 2015 Open Government Overview PowerPoint
- Florida Attorney General Training Website for Florida Sunshine Law