Educator Support Program
The Educator Support Program (ESP) is the School District of Palm Beach County’s official induction and support program for newly hired and emerging educators. It is an exploration of instructional best practices that are universal across contents, grades, and all facets of education. ESP is not specific to a particular content, grade, or job title.
“Your influence begins with you and ripples outward.”
~ Lao Tzu
Beginning “EMERALD” educators are those with less than one year of teaching experience.
Emerging "Ruby” educators are those participating in ESP for the second year or educators new to the district with less than five years of teaching experience.
Emerging "Sapphire” educators are those participating in ESP for the third year.
District “Opal” educators are those with more than five years of teaching experience and are new to the district.
In addition to the support sessions with your ESP PLC and your mentor/buddy, you have the following supports at your school site:
- Principal – Chief Supporter and Instructional Leader on your campus.
- ESP Contact (Administrator or Lead Teacher) – ESP organizer on your campus.
- Mentor or Buddy – Personal ESP adviser on your campus.
- Voluntary Lead Mentor (VLM) – ESP organizer for mentors/buddies on your campus.
- Marzano Liaison – member of your school’s PD team that provides Palm Beach Focused Model training and support.
- District Professional Development Specialists – ESP Regional organizers.
Year long online course, monthly webinars, and semiannual conferences/seminars.
Title: Instructional Specialist