Interested in Applying?
- Read through all the information pertaining to the STEM Certification process, including the rubric & timeline.
- Interested schools should have their principal contact Julia Mate via email to receive the link for the Intent to Apply Form.
- Principals must complete the Intent to Apply Form by October 12, 2018. The Intent to Apply Form consists of general school information pertaining to the school’s STEM mission, vision, & culture. Components include:
- Letter of Intent - A 1-page document explaining why you feel that your school is a STEM school, an explanation of how your school is engaging in and integrating STEM, the names and roles of your STEM Leadership Team, and a statement committing to the engagement of the Leadership Team in all after-school STEM Leadership Team meetings for the 2018-2019 school year (there are 3 - 2hr. sessions tentatively scheduled in November, January, and February).
- STEM Highlights video - A 3-5 minute video highlighting the STEM in your school. Please answer the following questions in your video:
- What makes you a STEM school?
- How is your STEM mission evident throughout the school?
- How do you foster a culture of STEM in your school?
- How do you integrate STEM at your school site and throughout the school day?
- Why should your school be considered for certification?
- Once accepted to the 2018-2019 school year cohort, members of the school’s STEM Leadership Team will be expected to attend 3 - 2hr. after school workshops that will prepare and assist them in documenting evidence for their STEM School Certification Application. This evidence should demonstrate the school’s STEM culture, the application of 21st century skills within the classroom, and the curricular integration present within the school site.
- Throughout the school year, Leadership Team members will gather evidence and supporting documentation to submit in the STEM School Certification Application.
- Members of the STEM Certification Assistance Team will conduct site visits throughout the year (schools are also encouraged to showcase their STEM culture using social media platforms).
- STEM School Certification Applications are due March 15, 2019.
- A STEM Certification Review Committee convenes to review and evaluate schools’ applications using the STEM Certification Rubric.
- Schools will be notified of their STEM Certification status in late April/early May 2019