The School District of Palm Beach County is the eleventh largest in the nation and the fifth largest in the state of Florida with 185 schools, serving more than 183,000 students who speak 150 languages and dialects. As the largest employer in Palm Beach County, the school district has nearly 21,000 employees, including more than 12,000 teachers.
The School District of Palm Beach County envisions a dynamic collaborative multicultural community where education and lifelong learning are valued and supported, and all learners reach their highest potential and succeed in the global economy.
The School District of Palm Beach County is committed to providing a world-class education with excellence and equity to empower each student to reach his or her highest potential with the most effective staff to foster the knowledge, skills, and ethics required for responsible citizenship and productive careers.
What's Great About Palm Beach County Schools...
- Top-performing urban school district in Florida
- Palm Beach County has a higher percentage of "A" and "B" district-operated elementary and middle schools compared to the state and the state's largest urban school districts, according to the 2014 School Grades
- Ten District schools earned Newsweek's Best High Schools In America 2013
- Education Week recognized the District as having the eighth-highest graduation rate in the nation
- District is fully accredited by AdvancED, the world's largest education community using International Standards and we are the 3rd largest School District in the world to receive this distinction
- Palm Beach schools offer 252 award-winning Choice Programs and Career Academies
- District schools offer instruction in several languages, including Chinese, French, Italian, Latin, Spanish, and American Sign Language
- Schools, teachers, staff, and students annually win dozens of state, national, and international athletic and academic competitions and awards
Secretary: Lynn McCrary
Phone: (561) 649-6888