Cash Pay Card Information
The School District of Palm Beach County will stop using paper checks for payroll after May 24, 2013. Payroll will be distributed via Direct Deposit or Cash Pay, a Visa Pre-Paid Card.
Employees that wish to utilize Direct Deposit should enroll by May 10, 2013. After May 10th, employees not enrolled in Direct Deposit will automatically be enrolled in the Cash Pay program. The card will be mailed to each employee's home.
Cash Pay benefits include:
- Saves time - easy access to funds by 9:00 a.m. (standard direct deposit availability of funds) and no waiting in lines to cash paycheck.
- Convenience - use for purchases everywhere that Visa debit cards are accepted, pinned point-of-sale terminals and to withdraw cash at virtually any ATM 24 hours a days
- Provides security - no need to walk around with large amounts of cash
- Eliminates check-cashing cost - some pay up to 15% of face value to cash check at check-cashing stores
- Improves control over money - take only what you need, when you need it
- Account information and customer service - available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.