Wellness Champion Traits
What is a Wellness Champion?
- A full time staff member with a commitment and passion to health that volunteers to serve as an ambassador for the Employee Wellness Program
- Messenger and motivator to assist in the implementation and coordination of wellness initiatives
What are the Responsibilities of a Champion?
- Attend Wellness Champion meetings/trainings
- Understand Employee Wellness Programs and benefits available
- Serve as the go-to site contact for co-workers to answer questions, provide information and promote programs
- Survey staff at site to choose healthy lifestyle programs to fit your location's needs & interests
- Innovate creative programs on various health topics
- Share/forward information to site/department staff, engage friends and colleagues to participate in wellness programs and create excitement around leading a healthy lifestyle
- Solicit Feedback on the Wellness Program to evaluate and support Employee Wellness
What are the Rewards?
Wellness Champions are eligible for a maximum $500 stipend per year. Stipends are earned by submitting pre-plans, program evaluations for activities onsite, Open Enrollment & Health Rewards work, and a year-end summary.
Wellness Champions by Location
Wellness Spotlight [Archive 2017-2018]
Syndie White & Jennifer Tobin - Elbridge Gale Elementary
Aside from taking 1st place in the 2017 District-wide Colorweeks program, the school works together in everything they do to build a supportive and healthy school culture – from gratitude notes to childcare during Staff Sports. Monthly social gatherings and a chair massage event are just two ways they like to de-stress. The staff lounge has become a perfect place for staff to get healthy meals and drinks throughout the day thanks to their new healthy vending machine, QixiBox. Also, throughout the hallways, water filling stations have been installed to make the healthy choice the easy choice for all. In total, staff have lost more than 250lbs!! They credit the workout groups, onsite challenges, and coworker support in achieving these amazing health goals! And it doesn’t stop there! Future programs include a pedometer challenge, more workout teams, and a 60-day fitness challenge. Congratulations Elbridge Gale Elementary School!