The Criminal Justice Academy is designed to prepare high school students for responsible citizenship, further learning, and productive employment in the criminal justice fields.
Students will explore academic and career information in such areas as the courts, law enforcement, corrections, probation, juvenile justice and law-related fields. Decision-making, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills will be emphasized.
- Leadership training through laboratory and classroom work.
- Dual enrollment opportunities in Criminal Justice through Palm Beach State College and college credit through articulation agreements.
- Field trips, community service and internship opportunities to local criminal justice agencies, including law enforcement departments, corrections, the courts, State
- Attorney’s Office, Public Defender's office and legal firms.
- Guest speakers from various areas of the Criminal Justice field.
- Internship (senior year) in the District Attorney’s Office or Sheriff’s Department
2.5 Grade Point Average