What is Royal Palm School?
- Most restrictive non-residential educational facility.
- Serves students with the most severe disabilities and medical needs ages 3-22 years.
- Severe disabilities include physical, cognitive and social deficits.
- Provides multitude of services onsite to students with multiple needs.
- The entire physical environment has been designed and structured around the unique needs of our students.
Primary Exceptionalities at Royal Palm School Include:
- Intellectually Disabled (IND)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Dual Diagnosis (DD)
- Orthopedically Impaired (PI)
- PK Special Needs
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Orientation and Mobility
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Teachers with ESE certification.
- Full time Speech and Language Pathologists
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Behavior Resource Teacher
- Behavior Intervention Associate
- Nurse and Medication Nurses
- Transition Specialist
- Community Language Facilitators (Spanish/Creole)
- Support Staff
- Students with significant/severe physical, emotional, cognitive, communication and social deficits.
- Majority of the students are non-verbal, and use low tech communication devices.
- Students with intense medical needs such as G-tube feeding and trach/suctioning.
Royal Palm School Should Be Considered:
- When all strategies and modifications related to the targeted problem have been implemented and are unsuccessful as supported by documentation.
- When a student enters Palm Beach County from another State/County Special School.
Points to Consider Prior to Placement
- The moment a student is considered for Royal Palm School, the Area ESE Team Leader and the Area Resource Teacher (ART) for South Region is to be contacted.
- A representative from Royal Palm School must be included in the meetings.