Unified Dress Code Updates
- There is no “uniform” that is required. Instead, we have a uniform dress code (see below) that outlines what is acceptable and what is not. This allows flexibility in choosing preferred colors and certain styles and allows for individuality.
- Students not in dress code will be given the choice of borrowing clothing from the school for the day or calling their parents to bring a change of clothes.
- Sweatshirts, Jackets and Hoodies: Pullover Sweat shirts, hoodies, and zippered jackets are permitted, but the hood cannot be worn. A solid color, collared shirt is required underneath in the event a student wishes to remove their jacket or hoodie. The collared shirt underneath must be visible at all times.
- Hats and hoods are NOT permitted to be worn on campus. Students wearing a jacket or hoodie may NOT wear the hood.
- In the event of a medical issue (i.e. broken foot, surgery) please contact our school nurse so that exceptions can be made to the dress code. A note from a parent or doctor is required if the dress code cannot be met due to medical issues.
- School issued I.D. cards are required as part of the dress code and must be worn on a grade level lanyard. We provide one ID and grade level lanyard at no charge. Replacements (required) cost $5 for an ID and $3 for a grade level lanyard.
- Fridays are designated as “Challenger Spirit Day” and students may wear any CMMS shirt (i.e. CMMS team shirt, club shirt, activity shirt, PTSA shirt, etc.) EXCEPT students may not wear their P.E. uniform shirt for this purpose.
- MASKS: Masks for students and staff are OPTIONAL. Bandanas, Gaiters, and other non-medical masks are NOT permitted.
- Solid Color, Polo/Golf Style Collared Shirt
- CMMS Club/Athletic T-Shirts allowed on Fridays
- NO Sleeveless or tank tops
- NO Midriff may NOT be showing, even when the arms are raised
- NO Pajamas, sheer or see-through garments
Pants, Capris, Shorts, Skorts
- Khaki, Navy, Black or solid black or blue Denim
- Shorts (must have at least one back pocket), skorts can be no shorter than fingertip length
- Cargo Pants/Shorts (Khaki, Navy, Black, or Denim)
- Jogger Pants that are made of pant material; have pockets, belt loops, etc.
- NO Athletic Style Shorts (Gym shorts, No Pocket)
- NO Shiny material jogging pants
- NO Sweat Pants, Low Rise Pants
- NO Camouflage style pants/shorts
- NO Pajama Bottoms
- NO Joggers made of sweatpant material
- NO Ripped jeans
- NO Leggings worn as pants
- Closed – toe and heel
- Sneakers or athletic shoes preferred
- NO Sandals, slippers, Crocs, flip flops, slides, heels higher than 2”, light- up sneakers
- Zippered/Pullover Hoodies, pullover sweatshirts are permitted
- Collared shirts underneath must be visible at all times
- Pullover sweatshirts and zippered hoodies are not permitted with the hood being worn
- NO Inappropriate pictures, words, or slogans (drugs, tobacco, alcohol, sexual content, weapons, curse words, etc.)
- First one is provided free to each student. $5 replacement fee for lost or misplaced card
- Students must have an I.D. on a school provided lanyard, Replacements are $3
- NO Exposed Undergarments
- NO Sunglasses
- NO Hats
- Students must provide their own
- NO Bandanas (as a mask or as a headband/cover)
- NO Gaiters
- NO Halloween type masks
- NO Masks that cover the entire face
- NO Other non-masks