- Single color SOLID Polo OR T-shirts
- NO logos larger than 2 inches
- Western Pines T-shirt (ROAR, Academies, or Clubs)
- Single color SOLID pants, skirts or shorts (Including denim)
- Shorts and skirts must reach to at least 2" above knee
- NO stripes
- No holes, frays, slashes, rips, or tears
- No sweatpants, sweat shorts, leggings or basketball shorts (anything with an elastic waist)
- Single color SOLID
- No logos larger than 2 "
- Western Pines Hoodies or Academy Hoodies encouraged
- Hoods are not allowed to be worn over head on campus
- Shoes must be flat and have closed toe and closed heel
- Crocks, slides and slippers are not permitted
- Hard soled boots (ie cowboy boots) will not be permitted to be worn on the gym floor
- For safety all backpacks must be CLEAR or MESH
- Any athletic bag must be checked in with your last period teacher
- Any bag that is not see through may not be stored in a locker
- Students are expected to dress out everyday in an approved PE uniform
- PE uniforms shorts may not be worn outside of PE
- PE uniforms will be available for sale on school cash on-line at beginning of semester
- Body decorations
- Jewelry mouth pieces
- Heavy or excessive jewelry
- Chains, dog collars
- Sleeveless shirts
- Headwear (caps, bandanas) except for documented medical or religious reasons
- Animal ears and tails
- Earbuds/Headphones not allowed to be worn in the hallway
- Undergarments must not be visible
- *Any clothing item that distracts from the learning environment or causes a disruption
- IDs must be worn around your neck and visible daily while in attendance at school or any function. (1st ID given free of charge, subsequent ID's will be charged)
Please contact Lori Bednarek, School Counselor with any uniform needs.
A DRESS CODE PROMOTES A MORE SERIOUS SCHOOL ATMOSPHERE WHICH EMPHASIZES ACADEMICS AND PROMOTES GOOD BEHAVIOR.
DRESS CODES HAVE PROVEN TO INCREASE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT BY ENCOURAGING STUDENTS TO CONCENTRATE MORE ON THEIR STUDIES AND LESS ON THEIR WARDROBE.
A DE-EMPHASIS ON CLOTHING CAN ALSO SAVE MONEY, AS THERE WILL BE LESS PRESSURE TO KEEP UP WITH EXPENSIVE TRENDS AND FASHIONS.
DRESS CODES IN SCHOOL SETTINGS REDUCE SOCIAL CONFLICT AND PEER PRESSURE THAT MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH APPEARANCE.
AS OPPOSED TO UNIFORMS, DRESS CODES STILL ALLOW STUDENTS TO WEAR WHAT THEY WANT WHICH LEAVES STUDENTS WITH A SENSE OF CHOICE AND EXPRESSION.
Morning or Afternoon detention
STUDENTS OUT OF DRESS CODE WILL NEED TO CALL PARENTS TO BRING APPROVED CLOTHING TO SCHOOL