Research and experience show that the way students dress has a direct influence on how they behave. Since Poinciana Community expects only the BEST behavior from ou students, the school consensus supports the uniform “dress code policy.”
- School T-Shirts
- Polo style shirts.
- No patterns or graphics
- No cropped tops
- All shirts must be a solid color or stripes
PE Days Only
- Athletic shorts (refer to requirements below)
- School shirts must be worn
- Socks / sneakers required.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. (Untied shoelaces are a safety hazard)
- No crocs
- Sneakers, loafers, or other closed toe shoes are required.
- No open, unsafe footwear such as flip-flops, sandals, clogs, platform shoes or soles over one-inch.
- No Heelys with or without wheels.
- Disable lights.
Pants & Shorts
- Pants and shorts must be solid: navy blue, black, gray or khaki, Jeans. (No ripped jeans)
- No leggings or yoga pants
- The length of shorts /skorts / skirts/ jumpers must be no more than 2-3 inches above the knee.
- Pants must be worn at the natural waistline, belt when needed.
Items Not Allowed
- Hats or caps unless for a school sponsored activity
- Tank tops, halter tops, midriffs t-shirts
- Clothes with holes, designs, sequins, or rhinestones.
- Backless or cutoff clothing.
- Large, oversized earrings
Dress Code Violations
Violations will result in:
- Parent Contact
- Student required to change in order to meet dress code